Updated May 5, 2022
COVID -19 Operations Policy – Update
Updated May 5, 2022
Challenge Aspen will continue to comply with county and state guidelines pertaining to Covid-19. More information about Pitkin County’s COVID -19 policies can be found here: https://covid19.pitkincounty.com/
Safety is of utmost importance in every aspect of Challenge Aspen’s operations. The following requirements are in place in order to help protect our participants and their families, volunteers, pros, staff and the general public.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
- Challenge Aspen no longer requires staff, volunteers, or participants to be vaccinated or show proof of vaccination.
In the event any staff member tests positive for Covid 19:
- If any employee has Covid symptoms, CA requires them to visit a testing site and have a PCR test. (not just the home test)
- An employee that has tested positive, but is asymptomatic, is required to isolate for 5 days after receiving the positive test, and will be allowed to return to work, adhering to a strict mask wearing policy, as long as no symptoms have presented.
- An employee that has covid symptoms and is not feeling well or has tested positive, will be required to stay home and isolate away from others for 5 days, or until their major symptoms are gone.
- Isolation can be discontinued when all of the following criteria have been met:
- After 5 days, the staff member has had no fever without use of fever reducing medications for at least 24 hours …..AND
- All symptoms have improved and the staff member is feeling well.
In Case of Known Exposure
- People who are fully vaccinated are not required to quarantine after contact with someone who had COVID-19 unless they are experiencing symptoms. It is recommended to get tested 5 to 7 days after exposure as a precaution.
- Unvaccinated individuals must follow CDC and Pitkin County Guidelines in the case of exposure. Unvaccinated individuals may return to Challenge Aspen activities after 7 days if they are free of any symptoms AND provide proof of a negative test result from a sample taken 5-7 days after exposure.
- Current Pitkin County guidelines for exposure can be found at https://covid19.pitkincounty.com/quarantine-isolation/
We are so grateful to everyone for adhering to our above requests. We want to protect and support the special population that we serve, along with protecting the general public and everyone that has so generously dedicated their lives to this organization. Doing all we can to maintain a safe and healthy environment and experiences for our participants is our main focus. Thanks to you all, with these protocols in place, we can continue on that path.
Link to the Pitkin County Covid-19 Employer / Employee Guide.
Link to general updated Pitkin County Covid-19 information.
Link to general updated information from the CDC.
covid19.pitkincounty.com | 970-429-6186 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org