Updated January 10, 2022
COVID -19 Operations Policy – Update
Updated January 10, 2022
Due to the highly contagious nature of the Omicron variant of Covid-19, we are elevating our prevention plan to limit any non-essential contact during the peak holiday season. Challenge Aspen will continue to monitor community status, and will reevaluate operations regularly to make adjustments as conditions evolve.
Challenge Aspen will continue to comply with county and state guidelines pertaining to Covid-19. With the increase of Covid-19 variant cases within Pitkin County and the country we feel it appropriate to enforce strict guidelines for anyone participating with our organization, including but not limited to our participants, family members, caregivers, volunteers, pros and staff.
Safety is of utmost importance in every aspect of Challenge Aspen’s operations. The following requirements are in place in order to help protect our participants and their families, volunteers, pros, staff and the general public.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
- All staff and Apprentice Pros (AP’s) must be fully vaccinated by an approved FDA Covid-19 vaccination and remain current with boosters per FDA guidelines.
- Proof of vaccination and boosters must be presented to Challenge Aspen’s Human Resource Director along with all other required employment documents.
- Valid medical exemptions will be considered case by case.
- Any medical exemption requests will require documentation on letter head from a qualified physician.
- In the event an exemption is accepted, the staff member will be required to present a negative covid test on a weekly basis to their supervisor.
- In the event any staff member tests positive for Covid 19:
- If any employee has Covid symptoms, CA requires them to visit a testing site and have a PCR test. (not just the home test)
- An employee that has tested positive, but is asymptomatic, is required to isolate for 5 days after receiving the positive test, and will be allowed to return to work, adhering to a strict mask wearing policy, as long as no symptoms have presented.
- An employee that has covid symptoms and is not feeling well or has tested positive, will be required to stay home and isolate away from others for 10 days, or until their major symptoms are gone.
- Isolation can be discontinued when all of the following criteria have been met:
- After 10 days, the staff member has had no fever without use of fever reducing medications for at least 24 hours …..AND
- All symptoms have improved and the staff member is feeling well.
- All volunteers must be fully vaccinated by an approved FDA Covid-19 vaccination and remain current with boosters per FDA guidelines.
- Will be required to show vaccination card to CA’s Volunteer Manager.
- All Aspen Skiing Company Pros (instructors) that work with Challenge Aspen participants will be required to be fully vaccinated by an approved FDA Covid-19 vaccination and remain current with boosters per FDA guidelines.
- Will be required to show vaccination card to CA’s Sports Director or Chief Operating Officer.
- Valid medical exemptions will be considered
- Any medical exemption request will require documentation on letter head from a qualified physician.
- In the event an exemption is accepted, the PRO will be required to present a negative covid test on a weekly basis to Challenge Aspen’s COO or Sports Director.
- In the event any Pro displays Covid symptoms or tests positive, CA staff must advise them to contact their Aspen Skiing Company supervisor, as well as keeping CA informed. ASC must give clearance to the Pro prior to returning to work for ASC or CA.
- Any Challenge Aspen participant and their accompanying family members and/or caregivers that are participating in a group program, and that are eligible to be vaccinated, must be fully vaccinated by an approved FDA Covid-19 vaccination and remain current with boosters per FDA guidelines.
- Will be required to show vaccination card upon registration or arrival at the CA office.
Exemption from Vaccine Requirement
- Challenge Aspen will handle exemption requests on a case-by-case basis.
- Challenge Aspen will refer to Colorado State’s website on reasonable accommodation for exemptions at: https://cdphe.colorado.gov/vaccine-exemptions
In Case of Known Exposure
- People who are fully vaccinated are not required to quarantine after contact with someone who had COVID-19 unless they are experiencing symptoms. It is recommended to get tested 5 to 7 days after exposure as a precaution.
- Unvaccinated individuals must follow CDC and Pitkin County Guidelines in the case of exposure. Unvaccinated individuals may return to Challenge Aspen activities after 7 days if they are free of any symptoms AND provide proof of a negative test result from a sample taken 5-7 days after exposure.
- Current Pitkin County guidelines for exposure can be found at https://covid19.pitkincounty.com/quarantine-isolation/
General Covid-19 Policies and Procedures
- Temporary Mask Policy: Masks must be worn throughout all lesson and buddy experiences unless medically exempt or when actively skiing. Pros, volunteers, staff and participants must wear masks whenever social distancing is not possible, regardless of indoor or outdoor status. This includes lift lines, chair lifts and when providing instruction.
- Temporary Office Policy: Only essential operational staff members may be present in the office. The Challenge Aspen office will remain closed through January 1st and any staff, volunteers, pros and guests who do not have an immediate need to be present will be asked to work remotely or re-engage at a later date when Covid conditions become safer. All necessary business meetings must be conducted remotely or over the phone to ensure social distancing.
- Temporary Personal Equipment Policy: Any personal items stored at the Challenge Aspen office for participants must be stored in the outdoor cubbies at the front entrance. Participants are asked to arrive ready to ski or put boots on at the outdoor bench whenever possible.
- Temporary Adaptive Equipment Policy: Participants requiring equipment fittings must be scheduled in advance to ensure only the participant and pro are present in the equipment room. Equipment room occupancy is limited to 3 people at any time to include the participant, pro and caregiver. Additional family members are asked to wait outdoors. The outside door must remain open during fittings to allow for optimal air circulation. Lesson start times may be staggered to accommodate equipment fittings.
- Temporary Lesson Meetup Policy: All Pros must meet their guests outdoors at a location agreed upon prior to the first lesson day.
- Pros will pro-actively communicate meeting locations to guests and buddies, if applicable, well in advance of the lesson date.
- Staff, pros and buddies will limit contact during lunch time by planning ahead to schedule lunch meetup time for families.
- Following Pitkin County guidelines, masks must be worn while in the Challenge Aspen office and equipment room.
- In the event anyone participating with or working for Challenge Aspen is diagnosed with Covid 19, and the individual requests to return to work or participation with CA, written documentation on letter head from a qualified physician stating the individual is healthy and able to return to work or regular activies will be required
- We recommend 6-foot social distancing whenever possible.
- You may not participate with Challenge Aspen if you are experiencing Covid-19 symptoms.
- In the event you have been in contact with individuals associated with Challenge Aspen, and test positive for Covid-19, immediately inform Challenge Aspen.
- Participants will be asked to leave personal belongings outside the office while participating in Challenge Aspen activities.
- We discourage large gatherings inside the office and/or equipment room.
- Adhere to Aspen Skiing Company Covid protocols while on the mountain and inside mountain restaurants, restrooms, etc.
- Any Challenge Aspen vehicle transportation will require face masks for all.
- The Challenge Aspen kitchen is closed to participant, guest & volunteer use.
- CA restrooms, common areas, door knobs, and surfaces will be disinfected daily.
We are so grateful to everyone for adhering to our above requests. We want to protect and support the special population that we serve, along with protecting the general public and everyone that has so generously dedicated their lives to this organization. Doing all we can to maintain a safe and healthy environment and experiences for our participants is our main focus. Thanks to you all, with these protocols in place, we can continue on that path.
Link to the Pitkin County Covid-19 Employer / Employee Guide.
Link to general updated Pitkin County Covid-19 information.
Link to general updated information from the CDC.
covid19.pitkincounty.com | 970-429-6186 | Email: email@example.com