Preparing for your trip
- Getting ready to go skiing or snowboarding can take a lot of energy!
- We recommend stretching and exercising before your trip so that you are in shape for your experience on the slopes of Aspen Snowmass.
- Practice putting on your gear, like a snow jacket, snow pants and snow boots.
- Practice putting on a helmet as every program with Challenge Aspen requires participants to wear a helmet.
- If you’ve never skied or snowboarded before, lessons will begin on the ‘magic carpet’, which is similar to a moving walkway. Try using a moving walkway before you arrive in Snowmass to get accustomed to the sensation of moving on one. Moving walkways can be commonly found in large airports or shopping malls.