COVID-19 – Challenge Aspen Update
With a heavy heart, Challenge Aspen is canceling all remaining Winter REC and CAMO programs, lessons, and retreats.
Challenge Aspen is announcing the cancellation of all remaining winter 2020 lessons, retreats, and programming. This proactive decision is based on the following;
- Challenge Aspen is a leader in finding solutions locally, regionally, and nationally for individuals with disabilities, who may be at higher risk to contract COVID-19.
- Protection of our VIP populations. Our priority as stated is the health and safety of everyone within our sphere.
- Minimizing possible exposure or transmission through cross-country travel to get to Snowmass.
- Containment, per the CDC “being careful with meetings and travel”. With up to 50 people gathering twice daily in our lobby and equipment room, we are risking transmission to countless community members.
- Leveraging proactive measures and best practices, to minimize and help contain the spread and impact of COVID–19.
Challenge Aspen will provide full refunds for all remaining CAMO and REC participants. If you’re impacted by the above decision, please reach out to our reservation team at 970-923-0578. If you would like to donate your refund back to Challenge Aspen, we will offer a generous discount to our Silver Tie Gala July 18th, and/or the Silver Tee Golf Tournament, September 21st.
This decision came after much consideration, and with our single-minded focus on safety. Not just safety on the mountain, but safety for the health of everyone across our far-reaching family. The health and safety of our participants, staff, volunteers and professional instructors is our number one priority.
Thank you for understanding and respecting our decision. We look forward to a summer full of fun outdoor activities.
Jeff Hauser, CEO