Winter Adventure Awards Scholarship
Challenge Aspen is dedicated to impacting lives through year-round adaptive experiences for individuals faced with cognitive and/or physical disabilities. Challenge Aspen creates life-changing opportunities by encouraging participation in activities designed to redefine limits, recognize abilities, and transfer newfound courage to everyday life.
Thank you for your interest in Challenge Aspen’s Winter Adventure Awards Program. We offer awards twice a year, for the winter and summer season respectively. You must apply each season to be eligible. Please note that if you are chosen for an award, you will be required to submit tax returns as proof of household income. Please see the application portion of the packet for details.
Please note: Challenge Aspen does not provide transportation and lodging. Award recipients need to arrange their own transportation and lodging.
Requirements & Policies for Award Recipients
Failure to comply with these requirements may result in being ineligible for future awards.
• Adventure Award Agreement: must be read and signed upon notification that an award has been granted, before making reservations.
• Reservations must be made in advance. Reservations are required for all Challenge Aspen programs. Please plan in advance and make your reservations as early as possible. When you call, please let the reservationist know that you have been granted an Adventure Award.
• Cancellation Policy: If you make a reservation, but are unable to attend you must call the Challenge Aspen office at least 7 DAYS in advance to cancel, exceptions may be considered on a case-by-case basis. If you are a “no show” for a program and have failed to cancel in advance, the program fees cannot be refunded. Failure to notify Challenge Aspen of a cancellation could jeopardize any future awards. We often have a waiting list for camps and program buddies and proper notice of your cancellation of late arrival allows us to accommodate other participants.
• Awards are non-transferable and are for use by the accepted applicant only. If you will not be able to use your award, we ask that you notify Challenge Aspen immediately. Unused awards cannot be applied to the next season or year.
• Applying for or receiving an award from Challenge Aspen in the past does not guarantee that you will receive an award for this season. All awards are based on financial need.
For questions, please contact REC Program Director, Deb Sullivan, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our office at 970.923.0578.